SCH412EXP - Storage/Backup Administrator
- Schenectady, NY
Controls & Automation Consultants (CAC) is an engineering services provider for manufacturing R&D, Design or production departments. CAC specializes in programming, engineering, designing and IT integration for Automated/Industrial Control Systems. CAC’s technical experts boast over 20 years of experience in supplying engineering solutions, coupled with IT expertise, that reduce errors, improve product quality and increase productivity and profitability.
The Storage/Backup Administrator provides hands-on day-to-day administration, architecting, and problem-solving for SAN/NAS Storage and enterprise backup environments. Staff will perform the full range of storage and system administration tasks as defined by the Manager of UNIX Systems, such as, but not limited to:
- Install, configure, and administer the enterprise class SAN attached storages IBM DS8300, DS3574, and v7000 storage systems.
- Manage IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC).
- Administer fiber SAN and iSCSI NAS environments
- Add/delete/modify SAN Zones for Brocade fabrics
- Manage, administer, upgrade, and support NetApp Filers.
- Responsible for providing a highly available storage and backup environment to eliminate single points of failure
- Provision Storage as required
- Ensure all Storage configurations, installs, replacements, upgrades and firmware are executed and completed on time
- Responsible for Storage computing environment metrics collection and reporting
- Utilizing IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center software
- Monitor storage systems to ensure adequate capacity, performance and availability
- Responsible for Storage security and audit findings and any/all remediation efforts
- Implement backup technologies and manage backup environments with Symantec Veritas NetBackup , EMC Avamar and Acronis Backup & Recovery
- Ensure SAN / NAS storage Infrastructure and Backup Software platform meet Service Level Agreements.
- Planning, preparation and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures. Responsible to provide Disaster Recovery solutions as it relates to SAN storage by developing and maintaining a library of procedures for disaster recovery documentation.
- Day to day troubleshooting of issues involving NAS or SAN storage and backups
Location: Schenectady, NY
Duration: 2 Years
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Controls & Automation Consultants LLC
100 North Main St.