HIC705 - Design Technician
- Hickory, NC
Controls & Automation Consultants (CAC) is an engineering services provider for manufacturing R&D, Design or production departments. CAC specializes in programming, engineering, designing and IT integration for Automated/Industrial Control Systems. CAC’s technical experts boast over 20 years of experience in supplying engineering solutions, coupled with IT expertise, that reduce errors, improve product quality and increase productivity and profitability.
• The Design Technician may be involved in projects that require providing technical information, matching C products to applications, and developing engineering solutions for major market segments.
• It is the responsibility of the Design Technician to understand individual product performance specifications, capabilities & limitations after undergoing a period of training, then develop network designs and generate bills of materials.
• Duties may include reviewing technical specifications, reviewing system designs provided by outside vendors, accompanying Sales and Commercial Marketing representatives on customer calls, when appropriate, and to address pertinent technical issues.
• 100% fluent in English
• A minimum of two years of work on AutoCAD and/or graphics drawing programs
• Technical writing ability, with emphasis on effective presentation of detailed concepts
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and SharePoint and Lotus Notes
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
Experience: 2 years
Education: Associates (Drafting, Engineering, Architecture)
10-25% domestic travel to customer worksites. Travel expenses related to the job will be covered.
Local candidates preferred. No relocation and/or per diem will be allowed.
Location: Hickory , NC
Duration: 1 year
Minimum Experience (yrs): 2
Required Education: AAS (Highschool diploma with experience will also be considered)
Salary: $18-$23/hr ($27-$34.50/hr OT)
Ref Code: HIC705
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Controls & Automation Consultants LLC
100 North Main St.