Internal Systems Support Specialist
- Columbus, OH
CoverMyMeds is a fun, casual environment where people are encouraged to learn and try new things. Our chef Becky provides lunch every day, which we provide free of cost to all employees. Brainstorming sessions often move from the whiteboards to the pool table in our downtown office, which previously housed an architectural firm.
The Internal Systems Support Specialist at CoverMyMeds serves as the liaison from the Infrastructure department and works with everyone in the organization. The person filling this position will solve business and workflow challenges by providing technical support and creating solutions by augmenting or modifying existing technology. Additionally, they will be responsible for the internal infrastructure and technology solutions utilized internally for business operations.
Responsible for the internal infrastructure including but not limited to the following:
· Responds to support requests submitted via a ticketing system.
· Provisions employee access rights.
· Builds, deploys, and supports Apple OS X and Dell workstations running Microsoft Windows 7.
· Standardizes and deploys workstation software including the initial provisioning, configuration, and upgrades.
· Modifies, upgrades, and tunes Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 servers working with Active Directory and Group Policy.
· Configures and administers Exchange 2010 and 2013 including but not limited to provisioning mailboxes, calendars, and distribution groups.
· Responsible for the office NAS and file sharing. Provisions and modifies CIFS shares.
· Supports iPhone and Android smart phones.
· Functional networking knowledge including layers 1, 2, and 3. Supports both wired and wireless networks.
· Experience with DHCP, DNS, SMTP, printers, TCP/IP layers 2 and 3, anti-virus software, Microsoft Office, and other common technologies.
· Audits and reports on patching and compliance controls.
· Competency with SharePoint 2013 highly desired. Candidates with strong experience here are favored.
· Experience with VMware and scripting is also desirable.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
- · Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Able to adjust communication style to non-technical audiences with varied backgrounds and abilities. Strong “bed side manner.”
- · Enables and grows the technical skill of non-technical employees by documenting tutorials and face to face training for common technology use cases.
- · Demonstrated troubleshooting ability. Able to logically deconstruct problems and identify the root cause. Owns the process to full resolution.
- Increases operational efficiency by seeking ways to automate, streamline, and simplify common business processes by leveraging technology. Strong technical skills using technology commonly encountered in an office setting.
Health, dental, and vision 100% paid for employees, spouses, and dependents. We also provide a 401k with a 4% match. If that wasn’t enough, we also pay for parking at the office.