VP of Digital Delivery
- Suite 400
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
DCI is currently seeking to fill the position of VP of Digital Delivery who will provide overall leadership and direct technology efforts to ensure continuous development and execution of technical strategies that enable DCI to provide clients with world-class service and maintain a position as a technically innovative organization. The Vice President supports business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness and service quality within the operations and focus areas of the company.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and relationship management skills. Candidate should be extremely well organized, interested in public policy issues, and ready to hit the ground running as part of a large and fast-moving team.
- Establish technology goals, objectives and operating procedures consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Lead and educate internal teams on common practices and trends for digital initiatives, including websites, social media, mobile sites, email products and native apps for iOS and Android.
- Update and maintain corporate standards for all digital technologies.
- Responsible for all client websites, applications, email services, and related hosting environments.
- Lead and execute projects in support of ongoing client initiatives. At any time this might include two to three dozen active projects.
- Service new and existing client needs, to include planning and management of performance optimization, software updates, disaster recovery, website and application migrations, problem management or events around anticipated traffic surges.
- Manage off-hour planned software updates and migrations.
- Interface with client teams and clients, when necessary, for service requests, hosting support, troubleshooting and to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Optimize client database environments through education and performance tuning.
- Monitor websites, hosting environments and applications 24x7, respond to events and take corrective actions. Manage the performance of scheduled tasks and preventative maintenance.
- Proactively collaborate and plan activities with medium and large footprint clients.
- Stay organized and exhibit critical attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively and on a frequent basis with colleagues.
- Design and maintain an appropriate Software Development Life Cycle that will compliment fast-paced business needs and schedule.
- Keep current with trends and issues in technology, including current technologies and prices. Advises, counsels, and educates management on their competitive and financial impact.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- The ideal candidate will have managed technology supporting public relations, corporate communications and/or political campaigns.
- 5 years of digital or technical management experience.
- Business analysis and technical skills to architect, build, and support solutions that meet requirements.
- Technical fluency in operational concepts of networking, hosting systems, backups, internet security, application and infrastructure monitoring, databases, disaster recovery, high availability, scalability and web site performance management.
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in a technical discipline. MS or MBA is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally with non-technical colleagues.
- Working knowledge of Website management tools, such as Plesk or C-Panel
- Working knowledge of effective hosting technologies, infrastructure as well as managing utilization, and load balancing techniques
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.