Media Affairs Account Executive
- Suite 400
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
As a DCI Group team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company. Our total rewards package includes:
- Competitive market pay based compensation
- Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees
- Bustling downtown location, casual environment and lots more!
- Pitch news stories to various media outlets including TV, print and radio
- Establish and develop relationships with members of the press
- Draft written message materials including op-eds, press releases, and talking points
- Manage and administer the activities of assigned accounts or industry segments in accordance with DCI policies and client objectives
- Manage complex issue campaigns, including, creation and executive of strategic public relations plans
- Work well under deadline in a fast paced environment
Additional responsibilities include: managing tasks on several client projects concurrently and interacting with internal client services teams on a daily basis.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, energetic, and highly organized with great interpersonal skills. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills and have experience developing communications plans, press materials, pitches, op-eds and blog postings. Finally, it is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization and be viewed as a highly collaborative team player.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Complex project management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Have and maintain strong existing reporter relationships
- Ability to prepare and present complex materials or issues before a wide variety of audiences
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of communication styles
- New media expertise—including blogger contacts
- Policy issue expertise
- Willingness to travel domestically (10%)
- Three to five years’ experience in public relations, media relations or journalism preferred
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.