Account Executive, Research
- Washington, DC, USA, Washington, DC
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
As a DCI Group team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company. Our total rewards package includes:
- Competitive market pay based compensation
- Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees
- Bustling downtown location, casual environment and lots more!
DCI Group is seeking a research professional with 4-6 years of career experience to join the Research Department in our Washington, DC office. This mid-level research position offers an excellent opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, professional environment. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong written communication skills, a willingness to manage multiple tasks and deadlines and an ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and strategically. Campaign or committee-style research experience is a plus, but not a requirement for an inquisitive, detail-oriented candidate willing to learn on the job.
• Compiles and prepares comprehensive political-style research materials for internal and external clients
• Operates within team environment, juggling multiple priorities and work styles • Seeks out opportunities to learn about company best practices and client matters
• Develops issue expertise on core client issues
• Communicates frequently and effectively with colleagues and consultants
• Executes time-sensitive assignments with high quality standards
• Innovates and thinks creatively to enhance overall team performance
• Manages and mentors junior staff
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with many different personalities on a variety of issues
• Creative thinker
• High attention to detail
• Deadline driven
• Interest in the intersect between public and private sector
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
• Naturally inquisitive, enjoys learning new things and accepts new challenges readily
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.