Sr. Business Analyst - Treasury Trading IT
- Jersey City, NJ
About Doran Jones:
Doran Jones has over 30 years of practical, hands on experience marshaling project deliverables and building onsite, onshore, near shore, and offshore development teams for our clients. We recruit professionals that fit the specific needs of our clients and utilize our wide network of relationships and partners to find the best available resources and to deliver the best solutions.
We are selected by experienced decision makers that know what they want to accomplish. We are a bespoke firm and only work with a limited number of global investment banks where failure is not tolerated. We are thus able to give them the focus and attention of our principals every day.
We give our clients results.
Our client is a Global Tier 1 Bank looking for a Senior Test / Business Analyst working on a high profile, strategic project to develop a global, real-time, Inventory Management application. As a team member, you will be fully responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle, working closely with the Product Owner from requirements through to production release and support. The role will also involve close co-operation with the other groups within the CMA programme, end users in Group Treasury, Treasury Trading, Collateral Operations and Securities Operations to understand business processes, elicit requirements, and implement these as part of a wider technical solution.
You are a senior Test / Business Analyst with experience of delivering complex systems at Investment Banks. You must be able to apply critical thinking to all proposed problems and have a keen aptitude for using technology to meet business need and deliver the right functionality. You see yourself as a member of the wider team, with shared ownership for driving the best solution for the business.
A successful candidate will demonstrate
· Self-motivation – looking to take ownership and responsibility for driving functional and testing quality
· Quick ability to learn – quick understanding of business context and value, translating into requirements and acceptance criteria
· Strong technical and team-working skills – willing and able to take on responsibilities across the development lifecycle
· Strong engineering principles – the ability to work across the team, consistently driving core testing principles
· An ability to do more with less – working with the development team to identifying the use of 3rd party tools
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in analysis and testing capabilities, as a member of a development team
· Experience working with business representatives to proactively manage and prune the Product Backlog (Product Owner)
· Experience working with business representatives to drive definition of business value for use in prioritization
· Experience using Agile Analysis and Testing Techniques
· Proven experience driving innovation around analysis and testing techniques
· Experience working in various collaboration formats to drive functional analysis and team-wide understanding, including facilitating workshops and creating artefacts, including documentation, UML, diagrams, user stories, use cases and test cases
· Experience creating specifications as tests, using practices including Specification By Example, Acceptance Criteria formats, Behaviour Based Specifications (Given-When-Then format)
· Experience working with development team members to translate requirements into Automated Tests
· Experience defining tests using Acceptance Testing Tools, such as Fitnesse, JBehave, Cucumber, RSpec, etc.
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in teams applying Agile development practices, including Acceptance test driven development, automated testing, iterative development, and incremental development
· Experience documenting and collaborating using Wiki tools, including Confluence
· Knowledge of securities financing / repo trading applications and use of funding information
· Knowledge of Investment Banking Treasury concepts and their underlying business processes
· Training and applied experience using Scrum, including leading events and creating artefacts
· Experience working with source control tools, specifically Subversion or Git
· Experience working with Jira