Front-end Web Developer (Home Page for ebay)
- New York, NY
eBay NYC is a brand new office located in Chelsea, home to Hunch, Svpply and eBay Now. We're building a community interested in solving challenging technology problems and we’re passionate about helping the NYC tech community grow.
Read more about our new office here: http://www.ebaynyc.com
Have a passion for building software that is new and cutting edge? Want to build a better shopping experience for millions of users around the world? Enjoy working on performance, functionality and responsive web challenges? You are in luck!
We're looking for experienced Front-end Web Developer to join our Home Page Feed team. You will be working on the new face of eBay, creating a beautiful new way to shop and discover online. Join us and work on something that mom will see and love!
The eBay Home Page Feed Team is building the future eBay home page adding a dynamic and infinitely scrolling personalized assortment of products generated for our user’s unique interests. You will also find interesting things happening on eBay, and have help browsing through the site. Sound fun and challenging?
What you will do?
- Work closely with an experienced product & design team to build beautiful, intuitive experiences in a high-visibility environment
- Handle service calls efficiently and manage data representation for template rendering
- Own major projects and features from design phase to coding and testing
- Find and help fix stability, scalability, performance issues, cross-browser compatibility, Web standards, and interoperability.
- Estimate engineering effort; plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in developing high volume and highly interactive web applications that work across browsers
- Must have a good knowledge of Java (Python is a plus); be able to make minor changes not architectural or performance changes.
- Have a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design.
- Ability to craft service & database calls in a clean, efficient way
- Using source control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Self-motivated and have the ability to get things done
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results.