Front-end Web Developer (Checkout Experience)
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
Want to impact the world's largest online marketplace's checkout experience? Enjoy solving scalability, performance and responsive web challenges in the user interface using the latest technologies?
You are in luck! The eBay Checkout Application team is looking for strong Software UI Engineers/Web Developers to help us rebuild our checkout experience with the latest UI technologies. Some technical challenges you will tackle are figuring out how to leverage new technologies at scale that are reliable, how to create a personalized checkout experience that is optimized for performance to name a few.
Who are we?
The eBay Checkout Applications team is a revenue producing team responsible for our checkout experience. This team is working on completely revamping the checkout for eBay.com to make it more modern experience using the latest technologies. In working on this team you will enjoy an informal atmosphere with some of the brightest people in the industry and impact millions of users daily. Join us and shape the future of connected commerce!
What will you do?
- Refactor and enhance the checkout experience for eBay using the latest technologies while maintaining the existing system.
- Working closely with product management, designers in defining user interactions, components and help create a truly best in class user experience for eBay buyers and sellers.
- Working with various internal and external service provides on technical design, work estimation and implementation of user experience
- Building web applications with rich interaction capability, front-end components, and frameworks that emphasize performance and multi-screen, multi-browser capabilities.
- Being a strong proponent for quality from ground up -- organize and participate in design and code reviews
- Identify, catalog and evangelize best practices for performance and quality in front-end engineering
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other teams and team members.
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in developing highly interactive web applications that work across browsers and on variety of screen sizes (responsive web)
- Expert level knowledge of web technologies to include HTML 4/5, CSS 2/3, and Ajax
- Experience in client side templating frameworks like DUST, LESS and/or SASS and working with them in ASP/JSP environment
- Intuitive understanding of multi-browser issues, building experiences that emphasize performance
- Solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in using Java and JSP – be able to read, modify and debug not make architectural changes
- Participating and contributing to Open Source projects a *huge* plus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science