Node.js Platform Engineer
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
Do you have what it takes to build infrastructure that supports billions of page views per day? Do you want to be part of a team that is passionate about building dynamic systems for the world’s largest online marketplace? Do you regularly initiate creative & groundbreaking ideas? If so, we are looking for you!
Currently eBay Platform Core Services team is looking for a strong Node.js Platform Engineer. You will have the opportunity to work in web platforms and frameworks that power one of the largest ecommerce platforms that generates more than a billion pages per day, while participating in architecture discussions and working closely with other platform initiatives.
Who are we?
As a member of eBay’s Platform Framework group, you will be a key contributor to eBay’s cutting edge technology stacks, with focus on next-generation web infrastructure and frameworks! Nowhere else will your work have the opportunity to enable innovation across such a large community of users.
What will you do?
- Design and develop eBay's next-generation web application platform with the Node.js technology
- Continue to evolve and improve eBay's own open source technology Ql.io, and take it to the next level
- Design and implement libraries, tools and/or processes to improve development agility for internal eBay developers
- Help advance eBay technical culture and the technical industry through presentations, blogging, conferences, and other social participation
- Other usual engineering activities – scoping, prioritizing, planning, bug fixing, documentation, and having fun
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties.
What we are looking for?
The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving the toughest software challenges and have a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software on time. You will have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you own.
- Working experiences and in-depth knowledge in Node.js and Express;
- Knowledge of J2EE technologies (JSP/Servlet, JDBC, RMI, JNI, JMS, JMX, etc.), RDBMS and NoSQL databases, SOA and Web Services (SOAP, REST), are big pluses;
- A successful track record of creating frameworks and APIs that enable modular, extensible design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to describe complex concepts in a concise fashion with attention to detail