Front-end Web Developer (Local Shopping)
- San Francisco, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
With more than 100 million active users globally (as of Q4 2011), we are the world's largest online marketplace. Our collective impact on ecommerce is staggering: In 2011, the total value of goods sold on eBay was $68.6 billion -- more than $2,100 every second. And we need you!
Even after 17 years (which is like, eons in Internet time), eBay is committed to innovation and growth. We're here to stay, and playing to win in a competitive space. Financially, we're rock solid. As a company and as individuals, we're growing, and making a difference every day, come join us!
Like building applications that impact millions of users? Enjoy startup like environments that are fast-paced, where every day is different and fun? Love working on interesting challenges in scalability, responsive web and online/offline commerce?
You will love working as a Front-end Engineer/Web Developer on our eBay Now product. You will build, integrate and expand our same day delivery mobile web platform. Work closely with a small cross-functional engineering team facilitating autonomy, fast iteration and innovation you would find at a start-up while still taking advantage of the large company backing.
Our ebay Now product is blending online and offline shopping giving our customers the ability to buy things online, have a product delivered to them same day or they can go in the store to pick it up.
What will you do?
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, frameworks and concepts to improve our infrastructure.
- Contribute to all aspects of the project lifecycle: Define, design, develop, and test.
- Work closely with a team of Architecture, engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and operations.
- Estimate engineering effort; plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties
What are we looking for?
If you are an experienced engineer having developed responsive web applications while having a proven track record of building maintainable and scalable apps, we are looking for you.
- 5+ years of experience in developing highly interactive web applications that work across browsers and on variety of screen sizes (responsive web)
- Experience creating websites that work well on mobile and pc.
- Proficiency in shell, bash, and git.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving skills) and passion for problem solving.
- OO programming skills in Java (be able to read, modify and debug not make architectural changes), Spring
- Programming experience in Python is preferable.
- Have leadership qualities – can eventually lead development efforts
- BSCS degree or higher