Sr. Product Manager- Search Engine
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
eBay's world-class real-time search engine indexes millions of documents and serves billions of queries per day. It runs on thousands of servers in multiple data centers.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Technical Product Manager to be responsible for the tools, applications, and processes that manage the delivery of software, configuration, and data changes to the search engine without adversely impacting normal site operation.
- Understand and synthesize customer needs into requirements, strategies, and roadmaps
- Guide the team with thought leadership, prioritization, and effective execution
- Diligently follow up on issues and drive to timely resolution
- Ability to deliver within accelerated timeframes, and adapt to change in priorities
- Communicate effectively with customer and partner product and engineering teams
- Ability to interact, direct, and influence cross-functional teams that span the organization
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of product management experience, with a solid track record of developing and launching successful technology products
- Strong technical background in large-scale distributed software systems
- Working knowledge and experience with web-based search technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, organization, and relationship management skills
- Solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle, with experience managing projects through all PDLC phases, from concept to production deployment