Sr. Product Manager- Checkout
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
We’re looking for passionate and creative product managers who are raring to define and build the best ecommerce platform and customer experience on the biggest stage in global online commerce. If you wake up in the middle of the night with innovative product ideas… if you are obsessed with getting every detail right… if delighting and surprising customers is what keeps you motivated… then we’d love to talk to you.
As a product manager on the Checkout team, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key global checkout features on eBay, including product and platform strategy, planning, design, development, launch and measurement. We’d love to hear about your experience in product/platform strategy, design and development, project management and analytics. We care more about your proven ability to solve customer problems and launch successful products than we do about your current job title.
This is a unique opportunity because eBay has renewed its commitment to clear product ownership, customer focus, innovation, and streamlined decision-making. If you’ve ever wanted to work on a product that truly impacts people around the world, this is it - an opportunity to shape ecommerce experience for the largest global community of buyers and sellers.
In this role as Senior Product Manager on the Checkout Product team, you wil be expected to
- Understand and synthesize customer needs from market research, customer visits and customer service and analytics
- Define product/platform strategy for checkout product line and manage a prioritized roadmap that addresses customer needs
- Own and drive the requirements for your product area, including the user flow and website design, data/tracking requirements, admin tools, services/APIs and overall usability.
- Work with partners in business, engineering and analytics to define, build and launch products/platform features
- Manage communications and expectations with internal stakeholders and eBay community of buyers and sellers; Communicate and evangelize group’s strategy to internal stakeholders, senior management and leadership teams
What are we looking for?
- Passion for e-commerce and a desire to create experiences that delight customers
- 5+ years of experience in product management, platform/technology/services strategy with proven track record of successfully launching products/platforms; Good understanding of internet technologies, consumer facing online commerce and online retail business is a plus
- Thrive and succeed in delivering widely adopted technology products/services in a fast moving, high growth environment
- Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances strong customer and quality focus while thinking big
- Strong leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and effectively, and enjoys working in a group of talented, opinionated, high energy and result oriented individuals; Good sense of humor is a plus
- Familiarity with the unique dynamics of eBay marketplace; Buying/Selling experience on eBay highly preferred