Front-end Engineer/Web Developer (End to End Buyer Experience)
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
With more than 100 million active users globally (as of Q4 2011), we are the world's largest online marketplace. Our collective impact on ecommerce is staggering: In 2011, the total value of goods sold on eBay was $68.6 billion -- more than $2,100 every second. And we need you!
Even after 17 years (which is like, eons in Internet time), eBay is committed to innovation and growth. We're here to stay, and playing to win in a competitive space. Financially, we're rock solid. As a company and as individuals, we're growing, and making a difference every day, come join us!
Want to impact the world’s largest online marketplaces buyer experience? Do you love pushing boundaries, champion innovation and leading best practices?
If so, the End to End Buyer Experience team is looking for a highly motivated Front-end Engineer/Web Developer to make the buyer's experience more efficient by creating responsive, optimized common components used across the buyer experience. Additionally, you will be building frameworks that are released to all our buyers.
Who are we?
The End to End Buyer Experience team addresses consistency across the buyer funnel, champion's innovation, pushes the boundaries and leads best practices across buyer experience teams. In working on this team you will work with engineers who are respected in the community both in and out of eBay. Members of this team regularly contribute to our tech blog (http://www.ebaytechblog.com/).
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for architecture, product design, and development of worldwide projects throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
- Work with product owners and other engineers to define, design and implement complex, multi-tiered distributed software applications
- Work with other engineers, managers, product management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Segment and design system layers to support componentized and layered application development, including user interface, business functionality, search engine access and database access.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Lead product and technology initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members.
- Identify project risks and make recommendations to reduce.
- Share release management duties on feature rollouts, share on-call responsibilities
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- Automate manual engineering processes.
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment.
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties.
What we are looking for:
- Have a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving skills) and passion for problem solving.
- OO programming skills in Java (need to be able to read, modify and debug. No architectural), Spring
- Be a self-starter and team player who is a strong driver for results and continuous improvement
- Take pride in using and championing best software development practices
- Motivated and driven engineers that enjoy exploring new technologies and paradigms
- The right candidate must have a fervent passion for developing dynamic web applications and a constant desire to build great UI and products for people to use.
- Have Great collaboration skills
- Have the ability to take lead and influence engineers and partner teams on evangelizing new technologies and paradigms
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
- BS/BA in CS or related field + 5 years' experience, MS + 4 years’ experience or PhD with 1 year of experience