Milo / eBay Local is on the move, and we're looking for an all-star to join our Business Development team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team at the cutting edge of omnichannel retail. By incorporating real-time local brick and mortar inventory into the online shopping experience, we not only give shoppers more ways to get the products they want, but deliver retailers an unparalleled way to drive foot traffic into their stores. We're redefining shopping as you know it!
- Develop deep understanding of the online and offline retail landscapes and use these insights to define a strong omnichannel value proposition for potential strategic partners
- Drive cross-functional strategic projects forward effectively, working with colleagues across eBay Inc. in addition to Milo / eBay Local teams
- Identify and nurture strategic partnerships to grow our business
- In this role, one day you’ll be analyzing the local merchant marketplace, the next day putting together a deck for a retailer pitch, the third building strategic partnerships with the biggest names in the industry.
- You need to be versatile, comfortable tackling challenges head-on, and excited to work in a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
So, who are you? We're looking for candidates with these day-to-day skills:
- A strong strategic mindset, especially the ability to be creative and innovative
- Superb problem solving skills, especially when dealing with ambiguous, open-ended questions (qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience structuring research and formulating action plans
- Proficiency with data analysis
- Tenured written and verbal presentation skills, especially at the senior executive level
- Excellent communication skills; ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly during (in)formal discussions
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills, specifically a high EQ
- Excellent organizational skills, specifically parallel processing of internal and external initiatives
- Willingness to work both independently, sometimes with little guidance, and with other team members within Milo / eBay Local and eBay Inc.
- Contagious self-starter attitude; willingness to take initiative, and get excited about progress and achievements
More broadly, the ideal candidate is someone with:
- A strong knowledge of and passion for e-commerce, retail and the technology industry
- Experience in emerging / disruptive industries and technologies
- A desire to work in a fun, entrepreneurial startup environment while simultaneously playing a vital role in shaping the future of one of Silicon Valley's biggest icons: eBay
- Most importantly, the willingness to jump on the opportunity to influence where we – as a company, as a team and as thought-leaders – go from here