Senior Visual /User Experience Designer (Local Shopping, mobile & web)
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
With more than 100 million active users globally (as of Q4 2011), we are the world's largest online marketplace. Our collective impact on ecommerce is staggering: In 2011, the total value of goods sold on eBay was $68.6 billion -- more than $2,100 every second. And we need you!
Even after 17 years (which is like, eons in Internet time), eBay is committed to innovation and growth. We're here to stay, and playing to win in a competitive space. Financially, we're rock solid. As a company and as individuals, we're growing, and making a difference every day, come join us!
Do you love working in a fun, flexible, startup environment? Want to change how people shop worldwide? Are you passionate about building easy-to-use, dynamic interfaces and experiences that are engaging, functional and fun?
eBay Local is looking for an outstanding Senior Visual /User Experience Designer (70+% visual design, 30% user experience design) to design for all our platforms, including desktop, web and mobile apps. You will help shape the experience of real-time local shopping from idea to implementation and do everything in your power to delight our end-users, whether they are retailers or shoppers.
Our ebay Local is blending online and offline shopping giving our customers the ability to buy things online, have a product delivered to them same day or they can go in the store to pick it up. Our environment is fast-paced and every day is different, so you must be comfortable with a role that is continuously evolving to adapt to stakeholder and customer needs. More importantly, you should be someone who likes to have fun and learn new things on a daily basis.
What will you do?
- The work that you will design will be seen and experienced by millions of people every month around the world.
- Research, design, and prototype new user experiences based on product requirements.
- The projects will range from very focused and requirements driven to experimental prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Deliverables include design mockups, prototypes, production of visual assets, and documentation required for proper implementation.
- You will work with a team of outstanding individuals and provide leadership and mentoring to more junior members of the team.
- You will team up with the key stakeholders in a given project to make sure that it meets the business and marketing requirements.
- While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you will grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions.
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
Need to be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years overall design experience, some management / team leadership experience, extensive client management experience in a creative environment.
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- Possess exceptional visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principals, an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, layout, illustration, logo design, branding, and a keen eye for subtle details
- 5+ years' work experience creating world-class user interface design in web, mobile-web, and iOS app experiences from start to finish as a visual and UI designer with familiarity with iOS development.
- Be a natural diplomat and collaborator who can thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, driven by group critique.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate/present design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes to executives and large groups.
- Flourish in a fast paced, ever-changing, and deadline driven environment.
- Prior experience working within a technical and in e-commerce environment.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices.
- Bachelors in Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar, Masters preferred.
- Icon design and 3D experience
- 3D modeling & texturing
- Animation / motionography in Flash, After Effects, Maya