Sr. Product Manager, Paid Internet MP
- Bellevue, WA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
We are building a Center of Excellence in Bellevue to drive major initiatives that will revolutionize eCommerce. Technologist will have a career with future advancement without having to relocate.
If you enjoy working at scale on next generation technologies in small teams where your individual contributions have a direct impact solving some of the most technically challenging problems then join us!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Do you want to have a major impact on the building of a next generation Internet Marketing platform? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team focused on the building the world’s most comprehensive marketing tools and shaping the future of eBay’s traffic acquisition strategy?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then you will be happy to know we are looking for a Sr. Product Manager who is an talented and motivated to join a team in building a world class Internet Marketing Platform.
You will be working with peers in Product Development and Business, as a part of the eBay Global Product Management team and will play a critical role in the day-to-day development and delivery of required functionality of the new platform.
We are embarking on a large scale strategic project to build a next generation multi-channel marketing platform that will serve the needs of eBay’s core businesses for Internet Marketing. The project will be constructed on best-of-breed tools, developed with a top-notch team of engineers and product managers, and will be designed with the following in mind: self-service, flexibility, scalability, data driven, and internationalization.
The Senior Product Manager, Paid Internet Marketing Platform will be responsible for owning and developing features and solutions for one or more of the following:
- Best-in-class Analytics
- Payment Platform
- Keyword generation and bidding engine
- Partner network integration
- Fraud control
- New paid advertising channels
This is a hands-on position where the senior product manager will be involved in business analysis, functional design discussions, and data modeling discussions.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong mix of product management experience and has significant experience being a major contributor in one or more large-scale programs that involve significant operational and technical complexity. Should also have experience in the following:
- Large scale distributed data processing platforms, database design, data warehouse, statistical analysis, and ETL functions
- Applied science, algorithms, machine ranked learning implementations
- Familiarity with search engine and ranking fundamentals
- Significant cross team collaboration
- Driving development with a globally distributed development team
The specific job requirements include:
- Background in internet product management, ideally in Internet Advertising
- Demonstrated ability to craft product strategies based on the needs of the customer. Ability to use market research and data to make disciplined product and strategy decisions.
- Proven ability to work with a larger cross-functional team to define the team’s business strategy, product strategy, operation plan and detailed roadmap
- Solid financial and analytical skills, with experience in translating complex business issues into clear goals and measuring against those goals.
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget.
- Experience working closely with partners on strategy setting, product integration, and business metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively influence others, particularly in other organizations.
- Passionate about the product. Passionate about making customers successful.
- Familiarity with the unique dynamics of the eBay marketplace -- buying/selling experience on eBay a plus
resumes to: email@example.com