Sr. Product Manager- Data Inc Team
- Bellevue, WA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
This position in located in Bellevue, WA. Relocation is required.
Working within the newly formed eBay Inc. Data team, the Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for understanding eBay Inc. business drivers in order to help enhance the company’s leverage of data and information from all of its’ business units. Products managed by the Inc. Data teams include multi-petabyte data repositories; tools for exploration and discovery; and data services that enable the next generation of data driven services at eBay. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience defining and managing data products that utilize traditional and nontraditional tools for leveraging information. Previous experience in environments with big data platforms like Teradata and Hadoop is highly desirable.
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are looking for:
- In depth knowledge of data management systems, processes and procedures – how to acquire, understand, control and distribute data and information
- Exposure and experience working in a big data environments
- Demonstrable experience working with other product managers and business development managers to conceptualize and define data products
- Able to work with architects and technical leads to translate business requirements into technical requirements for implementation
- Familiarity with integration, data tools like Ab Initio and Informatica
- Familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau and Microstrategy
- Familiarity with statistical modeling tools like SAS and R
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of experience in a product management role
- 4+ years of experience in large, high volume data environments
- Bachelor’s Degree