Lead Product Manager Data Infrastructure
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
With more than 100 million active users globally (as of Q4 2011), we are the world's largest online marketplace. Our collective impact on ecommerce is staggering: In 2011, the total value of goods sold on eBay was $68.6 billion -- more than $2,100 every second. And we need you!
Even after 17 years (which is like, eons in Internet time), eBay is committed to innovation and growth. We're here to stay, and playing to win in a competitive space. Financially, we're rock solid. As a company and as individuals, we're growing, and making a difference every day, come join us!
eBay is a data driven company. Data plays a critical role to eBay success. The Data Infrastructure and Platform group at eBay is looking for a senior or lead product manager who is passionate about data, experienced in transactional data, storage or analytics, and a thought leader with great entrepreneurship. The candidate is expected to be a strong product leader with a proven track record of success in data infrastructure and platform, extensive experience in product management especially infrastructure and platform product, visionary and self-motivated. The Product Manager will own specific data infrastructure product area, provide thought and functional leadership in overall data infrastructure space by working with all the stakeholders, execute defined roadmap by collaborating with all the relevant teams, and be the voice of customers in understanding customer problem and requirement, and support customer success.
- Own, Drive and Define the product vision & align the team and stakeholders for specific data infrastructure product area
- Provide thought and functional leadership at portfolio level
- Conduct competitive analysis by looking at industry trends, customer needs, gaps in existing stack etc
- Define products roadmap and features, and set success goal/target with qualitative/quantitative metrics
- Collaborate other teams following scrum process, define and prioritize user stories
- Be customer voice and build strong partnership with customers
- Cultivate relationships across eBay, Paypal and other eBay inc companies and drive adoption of the data infrastructure and platform
Evangelize product & technologies with engaging demonstrations, training sessions and presentations to executives, customers, stakeholders and within external conferences
- At-least 10 years of experience or a Master’s degree and 8+ years in a technical product management role with proven track of success in driving product vision/strategy and overall success with customers
- Industry expert and thought leader in data infrastructure and platform
- BS in computer science or technical discipline, MBA is a plus
- Crisp & Clear Communicator: Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions.
- Creative entrepreneur who finds innovative ways to overcome roadblocks and seek challenges to deliver excellent user experience and adoption.
- Extensive experience with transactional data, storage, or analytics