Product Manager- Mobile (ebay Android app)
- Portland, OR
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
With more than 100 million active users globally (as of Q4 2011), we are the world's largest online marketplace. Our collective impact on ecommerce is staggering: In 2011, the total value of goods sold on eBay was $68.6 billion -- more than $2,100 every second. And we need you!
Even after 17 years (which is like, eons in Internet time), eBay is committed to innovation and growth. We're here to stay, and playing to win in a competitive space. Financially, we're rock solid. As a company and as individuals, we're growing, and making a difference every day, come join us!
The ebay Mobile team is dedicated to providing the apps and experiences that allow our customers to seamlessly move between any computer, tablet or smartphone to buy, sell or manage their accounts from anywhere. As a mobile product manager, you will be responsible for developing products and processes to create and maintain an engaging and full-featured mobile eBay experience. We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about bringing a world-class eBay experience to our customers using Android devices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with a team of product managers, designers, developers, testers, analysts and product marketers to continue to bring new features and improved design to each release of the Android app while maintaining the highest quality standards
- Research, embrace and integrate new mobile technologies to continue to be a leader in the ever-changing mobile landscape
- Synthesize customer insights, quantitative and qualitative data, and business strategy into product concepts and requirements
- Write and consult on complex global product requirements definition and product design (including writing opportunity assessments, scope requests, requirements, and more)
- As appropriate, conduct post-deployment evaluations, address user concerns, and manage the bug process to ensure feature performance and stability
- Build and maintain detailed documentation of product roadmaps and feature requirements
- Communicate status and progress to key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of user experience concepts
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Experience with services and API documentation and workflows
- Experience with developer programs and networks a plus.
- Active eBay user who is familiar with the eBay user experience a plus
- Experience and passion for the Android platform
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience as a Product Manager in a web or ecommerce company