Program Manager- Big Data Team
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
Reporting to the Head of Big Data, this position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of programs including technology development and high visibility, cross-org collaborations. This position is also responsible for planning and delivery for key initiatives with external clients and partners.
- Managing program portfolio: maintain and communication current status of initiatives, tracking issues/actions and execution status communication
- Execution: manage delivery of key initiatives
- Success metrics: drive the creation and measurement of program successes
- Remove barriers: help address common issues across different initiatives for smoother and timely execution
- Manage stakeholder relationships: identify and establish partnership with stakeholders to build support and secure sponsorship
- Communications: implement a clear, pro-active program communication plan
- 8 + years of work experience in program management-- 5 program manager and 3 engineering.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and develop multifaceted solutions
- Very strong communication and engagement skills
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
- Highly collaborative style with strong influencing skills
- Prefer candidates with a technical degree or experience as a software engineer
- Travel 15%
Contact: Ms. Rocky Gonzalez