Front-end Engineer/Web Developer Product Reviews
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
Are you looking for an engineering challenge? Do you want to work on highly impactful and revenue producing projects? How about getting in on the initial phases of a multi-year project? Look no further.
eBay is looking for a Front-end Engineer/Web Developer to build the presentation layer for our product reviews platform that will assist our customers in making informed decisions. We are in the initial phases of building this platform from the ground up. Our mission is to create best in class intuitive, innovative product reviews system that helps buyers make the buying decision.
Who are we?
We are the Buyer Experience Applications team that is responsible for building content platforms and SEO. We are a revenue producing team that contributes to 9% of eBay’s profit margin and has a direct impact on the overall experience for our users. From tailoring the experience for our buyers to impacting how they make informed decisions. And trust us that it is far easier said than done when we are literally building the face of world’s largest e-commerce website, are serving millions of users for eBay every day, and need to be nimble & innovative enough to re-imagine the part of the Buyer Experience on eBay.
What will you do?
- Build critical technology that has an immediate impact on millions of eBay users throughout the world.
- Design and architect the best in class presentation stack (Web application) for Reviews platform.
- Innovate and make your mark by developing the future of REVIEWs system as part of the Buyer Experience at eBay
- Discuss & refine your design, methods, and results with our team of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers to ensure every user has a great shopping experience on eBay.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members, and learn from other smart people in the team.
- Fast prototyping of experimental ideas
- The usual SDL activities – planning, prioritizing, experimenting, designing, coding, unit-testing, bug fixing, and site rollout, documentation, arguing for fun etc...
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties.
What we are looking for:
We are looking expand our portfolio of smart engineers by adding someone who already have the skills listed below and/or are passionate towards learning & building these skills.
- An experienced software engineer with 3-8+ years of development experience on high volume websites.
- Strong track record of excellence, and of delivering high quality innovative software!
- Outstanding coding skills in technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, JS, JQuery, Browser technologies, and JSP.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving skills) and passion for problem solving.
- OO programming skills in Java (be able to read, modify and debug, ability to code business logic and make architectural changes is a plus)
- Knowledge of distributed back-end systems and web-development.
- Well versed in browser-based technologies and comfortably move from client to server side code to cover the spectrum of a typical application
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement
- Team player - work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environments
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong skills for verbal & written communication targeting technical and non-technical audiences
- BS/MS in Computer Science