Mobile Interaction/Visual Designer (Android)
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
Do you love designing interactive mobile experiences for a variety of devices/tablets? Want to impact millions of consumers around the world? Join eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, and help us develop innovative mobile products.
The eBay Mobile Design Team is looking for exceptional hybrid Interaction/Visual Designers who are passionate about Android to create engaging and meaningful interactive experience for a variety of smart phones and tablets. You will help us define how consumers can use their mobile devices to engage in commerce.
Who are we?
The Mobile Design team is responsible for designing intuitive and elegant mobile/tablet applications across all devices/platforms for eBay marketplaces. We are committed to developing innovative, easy-to-use, best-of-breed mobile products and overhauling existing ones. Our culture is fun, light hearted and casual with a flexible work schedule. We are not super competitive to allow you the confidence to share your ideas.
Check out the App you will work on: Android App: http://bit.ly/1cVEeGu
What will you do?
In this role you will be responsible for coming up with the concept, ideation, clickable mock ups/prototypes and deliver final assets to the engineering team to code. To do this you will:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing and Research to define the best user experience for our mobile products.
- Build wireframes, share designs to get feedback, iterate, and create clickable prototypes to hand to the engineering team.
- Assess data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics) and synthesize it in order to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into interaction and design solutions.
- Establish UX guidelines and style across platforms.
- Be uncompromising on creating a compelling product and a great user experience.
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of design experience
- Passion for Android design experience is a must have
- Hands on design skills – translate user goals and behaviors into design ideas, create organized information architecture maps, demonstrate knowledge of UCD methodology, and visualize your designs under a tight schedule through storyboards, wireframes, workflow diagrams, task flows, mock-ups/prototypes rapidly and at an appropriate level of fidelity (e.g., sketching, Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop, etc.) to meet each stage of development
- Strong interaction design and visual design skills and strong grasp of English language in order to create simple content flows. This position requires hybrid interaction (70%) and visual design (30%) skills.
- Leadership – you are a self-starter and take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects. You must be able to confidently speak about your UCD solutions, be comfortable with ambiguity, understand business requirements, and be technical enough to work closely with developers.
- Communication skills –must have strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills –build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook on things
- Prior experience designing and implementing interfaces for a mobile and android are a huge plus.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors or related discipline
- Can provide a portfolio of relevant past design work, or demonstrate ability (please submit a link)
- Be comfortable with monthly travel to Portland, OR