Sr. Product Manager- Social Commerce
- San Jose, CA
is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the , local, social digital space.
Are you passionate about building products that have a direct impact on customer engagement? If so, the eBay Social Commerce PM Team would like to talk to you. We are looking for a talented, experienced and highly motivated Senior Product Manager to join the team and drive enhancements and expansion of our social commerce products like collections, user profiles, community portal, social sharing and other user generated content. In this role you will partner with a world-class team of analysts, designers, marketers, software developers and quality engineers to build great products which are highly adopted by our customers, increase their overall activity with our site, and are ultimately profitable to our business.
- Own and drive the requirements for your product area, including the user flow and website design, data/tracking requirements, services/APIs and overall usability.
- Lead the creation and definition of innovative business, product and customer experience concepts with the extended team of marketing, designers, developers and quality engineers, as well as cross-functional teams that will ultimately support the product (e.g. operations, customer service, etc.)
- Write product requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the design, development and quality teams. Your requirements should be based on deep and fundamental knowledge of the product, industry space, consumer research and feedback, as well as competitor products.
- Establish the product or project mission, goals, and supporting business and success metrics.
- Work cross-functionally to manage project constraints or bottlenecks, provide appropriate escalation, anticipate and make delivery trade-offs, balance the business requirements versus technical constraints, and maximize the business benefit from your product while building great customer experiences.
- Identify, track and manage project issues, risks and action items.
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers.
- Prior experience of working with user generated content, (including creation, refinement and ranking of user generated content) or in a social ecommerce domain as a product manager or a user experience designer
- 5+ years overall experience is required - in product management and or/software design and/or software engineering, with a minimum of 3 years in a PM or Design role.
- Experience in delivering technology products/services in a high growth/high velocity environment, including 3+ years at a leading consumer internet company or top-tier technology or management consulting firm
- A demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve application design considerations and technical issues.
- Background with externally facing websites and platforms and familiarity with user flows and UI experience a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle, with experience managing projects through all PDLC phases, from Concept to Production Deployment.
- Ability to communicate technical issues/limitations/etc to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor's degree is required. MBA or Masters in Engineering or Design discipline is a plus.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Ms. Rocky Gonzalez
Talent Acquisition- Sourcer
Direct dial: 512 691 7453
is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’. We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the , local, social digital space.