Front-end Engineer/UI Engineer (Live Auction)
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
Are you passionate about building great experiences that power new businesses at eBay? Do you want to take up a challenging role in building world class products and be proud about building them from scratch? You have an opportunity to make your dreams come true and have an impact by joining Verticals team to build brand new LIVE AUCTIONS product in eBay.
Verticals team is looking for Front-end engineers to build Live Auctions experience in eBay. Our goal is to offer customers a world class, highly engaging and exciting way to participate in Live Auctions. We are innovating and will be launching new businesses. This is just the beginning.
What will you do?
- Define, design and implement cross device user experiences.
- Develop innovative solutions that meet functional requirements as well as performance, scalability and reliability requirements while still following best practices of product development.
- Work closely with business partners, product managers, quality assurance engineers and designers.
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies.
- Estimate engineering effort; plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Mentor junior engineers.
What we are looking for:
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field plus 5 years work experience or MS plus 4 years of relevant experience
- Experienced presentation engineer with experience in building highly scalable products.
- Advanced knowledge of model-view-controller (MVC) and object oriented design paradigms.
- Experience with Nodejs is a plus, but someone should at least be interested in diving into learning it if they do not have experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment.
Please watch Bill Scott’s Fluent Talk to learn more about our technology shift at our companies: http://bit.ly/1g4QMsv