Sr. Information Security Engineer
- San Jose, CA
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
The Global Information Security organization is responsible for securing eBay Marketplaces; it's adjacent Businesses; as well as Corporate Technology. The Senior Information Security Engineer position is responsible for understanding key adjacent business unit priorities and risks and how these relate to information security initiatives; understanding adjacent business unit security issues and working with the Global Information Security team to deliver solutions that are timely; leading integration with the global security team; and communicating security risk with senior management. This position requires strong security experience; communication, negotiation, and leadership skills; as well as an understanding of security risk for a variety of different areas as well as specific technologies, configurations, and/or process changes to address identified risks. To be successful in this position, this person will have to innovate to support a highly dynamic set of business priorities; customers; employees; and partner base.
We are looking for someone with strong security, communication, negotiation, and leadership skills, experience with Information Security practices, as well as a willingness to work hard as part of a terrific team. The successful candidate will also have a strong understanding of security risks and business impacts; potential security solutions; as well as the threats and challenges impacting an e-commerce environment across a global enterprise.
What you will do:
- Provide information security expertise and guidance to a variety of business-sponsored projects and ad-hoc requests. Support may include the areas of: Security Operations; Network Security; Risk Management; Application Security including Mobile Security; Cloud Security; Security Assessments; Security Architecture
- Assist with the development of appropriate solutions aligned with eBay and Industry accepted security standards and practices and/or solutions that would provide appropriate mitigating controls when unable to meet eBay security standards. Document identified security requirements.
- Manage multiple security consulting requests simultaneously and provide ongoing follow-up with business units to address questions and provide clarification.
- Assist with the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives supporting the security consulting processes.
- Provide ongoing tracking of all consulting requests and provide updates to management as requested.
- Work with senior management to set strategic direction on security initiatives.
- Establish and maintain partnerships cross-functionally within the company and with key vendors and partners.
What we're looking for:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Effectively interface will all levels of leadership and management.
- Self-starter with leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and implementing security programs and projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, business owners, and leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Security with hands-on security experience within a variety of different technologies (network, database, web applications, cloud infrastructure).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills.
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business colleagues in all locations and time zones.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work-related experience required.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent preferred.
Ms. Rocky Torres
Talent Acquisition Recruiter
roctorres AT ebay.com