Online Product Merchandiser
- Egg Harbor Township, NJ
eCommerce Outdoors is a premier and rapidly growing multi-channel retail and direct marketing company, which sells outdoor recreational products to help people have fun and pursue their leisure time activities. We recognize that building our business with the right people will enable us to continue our success. You'll find a commitment to customer service, a passion for the products we sell, and an emphasis on treating each other with dignity and respect. Our associates pursue their outdoor recreational activities with the same passion as they help our customers to pursue their outdoor interests.
The online product merchandiser prepares and adds detailed product attribute data, images, and writes/edits product descriptions, titles, and other meta data for our online stores that sell outdoor equipment as well updates/changes to existing website product data/images. The objective is to facilitate strong product page conversions and to maximize online web sales while answering customer’s product questions online to reduce customer service inquiries related to the products we sell. Multiple high quality images, accurate product data, good keyword-rich descriptions, proper spelling and grammar, and well-optimized SEO URLs, titles, and detailed copy are critical to promote organic search engine placement that that drive web traffic, product sales, and customer interest.
- Ability to gather and accurately correlate information/data/images from multiple product supplier data sources, both electronic and printed
- Strong writing skills with attention to spelling and grammar
- Basic knowledge of HTML, DHTML, CSS, etc.
- Ability and demonstrated use of various keyword research tools to determine the best keyword combinations to be used in URLs, page titles, product descriptions, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data manipulation skills using various tools
- Knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn Yahoo Store Editor and product data upload tools
- Knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn eBay and listing products for auction or buy now
- Ability to manipulate and web optimize product photos using Abobe Photoshop or other tools
- Strong attention to detail to prevent order and product communication mistakes on our websites
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work efficiently to add and update the maximum amount of products in the least amount of time while maintaining a high quality of work
This position is available for immediate placement after successfully applying for and passing our candidate screening process, which may include background checks, checking references and multiple interviews. Compensation will be commensurate with your experience and proven ability.