Customer Support Lead
- White Plains, NY
Personalized education starts at eScholar.
eScholar works with state, local and federal education agencies across the country to help them solve their education data management and data warehouse challenges. For over 15 years, we have been exclusively focused on delivering education data management solutions which enable education agencies to integrate, manage and make available key education-related data. We have built an organization of experienced education data management and software and project management professionals who understand the challenges and issues associated with the collection, integration and management of education data.
Our company values teamwork, leadership, communication, diversity and innovation. We enjoy working with people who can turn insight into action, who are strong analytical thinkers and creative problem solvers, and who are able to influence others in both verbal and written communication. Talented candidates who work well independently and who have a demonstrated ability to positively engage with others should consider a career with eScholar.
Customer Support Lead
The eScholar Customer Support Lead serves as the operational support contact for our customers and is responsible for delivering an excellent customer experience. The eScholar Customer Support Lead will consistently achieve all milestones and deliverables on any assigned projects. Additionally, eScholar Customer Support Lead will articulate and represent our customers’ needs and goals within the organization. In order to meet the criteria above, the eScholar Customer Support Lead will gain in-depth knowledge of all of eScholar’s products and their capabilities. The Customer Support Lead reports to the Manager, Customer Support.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys being on the “front lines” and has exemplary communication and negotiation skills; a passion for data analysis; and a drive to help our customers use data to help students achieve education and career success.
- Support customers by managing and enhancing the eScholar customer support ticket resolution process
- Work with Project Managers to manage areas of enterprise-wide customer projects
- Develop expert knowledge of products and services, and effectively communicate offerings to our customers as appropriate.
- Build and maintain a continuous knowledge of customer and project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to customer projects.
- Communicate the customer's goals and represents the customer's interests to the eScholar team.
- Champion the customer support process across all internal teams
- Help the team exceed our customer support metrics
- Provide regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis
- Assist in ad hoc professional services projects as requested by the Professional Services team
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 8 - 12 years of customer-facing experience in an account management, customer support, or business analyst role
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work with data and the skills necessary to query and analyze datasets
- Proven ability to gain deep customer understanding in order to anticipate the customer’s needs, and help determine the ideal solution for support issues
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, relational databases, SQL, etc.)
- A “hand’s-on” learning style and proven ability to “hit-the-ground-running”
- Comfortable supporting multiple customers and projects
- Extremely detail oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of K-12 and/or Post Secondary Education
- Data Warehousing experience
- Business Analysis experience
- Experience with BI tools (Cognos, MS SSRS, or OBIEE)
eScholar Company Values:
We are entrusted with important responsibilities in helping students maximize the benefits of their education. This requires that each of us is trustworthy in this endeavor. This means that we always keep in mind the protection and support of students. It also means that each one of us is a team member that can be trusted to accept and provide open and honest perspective in everything we do.
eScholar not only serves, but leads the transformation of our education industry to become more responsive and effective in helping students achieve success. We value leaders that can align the success of our team to the success of our customers and the ultimate success of students.
eScholar team members must embrace and respect the mission we are focused on. This requires that each team member treat others and their viewpoints with respect and conduct themselves in a manner that others can respect.
eScholar is focused on helping each individual student achieve goals he or she considers valuable. To accomplish this, we must respect and seek to understand each person’s culture and perspective and communicate and deliver our products and services in that context.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements.
To qualify, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien (“green card holder”), temporary resident alien, refugee or asylee. Visa sponsorship is not available.
eScholar does not accept unsolicited resumes from vendors, such as placement firms, and will consider any unsolicited resumes to be the property of eScholar with no further obligation. eScholar works only with vendors in which we have a signed vendor agreement in place. Verbal or written commitments from any member of the eScholar staff will not be considered binding terms.
eScholar LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity and employs all qualified persons without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status, or any other classification protected by the federal, state or local laws.