- Bay Area, CA
Edventure More is a 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment company that runs K-8 summer camps, school year programs and a foundation that raises money for schools and kids in need of enrichment.
We are looking for an experienced writer with a track record of developing targeted, witty and punchy copy to join our marketing team. Our organization approaches learning with a very playful spirit and our copy must reflect that spirit in its voice to parents, kids and teachers. Copy projects cover a wide range of topics, mediums and styles, but all relate to our core services of summer camp, in class programs and after school programs. We are looking for a writer who possesses both a playful vibe and has experience writing for our various audiences via print, e-mail, web and social media.
• Strategize with the marketing and creative team to create annual campaigns
• Write clever, upbeat, punchy copy with a consistent voice across all e-mails, print, web and social media
• Produce creative program descriptions for a K-4th grade science, art, animation and recreation camp that speaks to parents and young kids
• Create clever program descriptions for a 5th-9th grade digital media arts camp that speaks directly to middle school pre-teens and their parents
• Write creative program descriptions for K-8th grade in class and after school programs that speak to PTA’s, teachers and administrators
• Participate in concept and copy creation for seasonal promotional campaigns for all our services across all mediums
• Create content that matches the tone and style of our favorite marketing pieces
• Maintain consistent voice and style across all marketing campaign pieces
• Write content that can play a role in increasing the conversion of website visitors and print collateral readers into new enrollments
• Assist in improving SEO through link building efforts, including guest blogging for other websites and using social media to promote our blog posts
• Optimize content/web copy for search engine to obtain better search engine rankings and get more relevant search engine traffic
• BS/BA degree, preferably in English or Journalism
• At least 2 years of copywriting experience
• Excellent writing skills and high attention to detail
• Experience writing materials for programs or services related to parents, children or teens
• Experience producing emails, web content, social media content and print materials such as brochures, mailers or postcards
• Experience at writing SEO copy a plus
• Basic HTML, WordPress and Excel knowledge
• Comfortable with posting to social media sites and blogs
• Proven ability to write direct response pieces, as well as branding pieces
• Proven ability to write creative content that is fun, inviting and connects to the reader
• Ability to juggle a variety of writing projects simultaneously
• Ability work under very tight timelines
This is a part-time, independent contractor position that may lead to full–time depending on performance and budget. Writer can work off-site, but must attend occasional meetings at the home office in San Francisco or the design team office in Marin County.
$25-$50 an hour: DOE
Applications are due by November 15th. Please convert your resume and cover letter into a PDF form for compatability.
We look forward to hearing from you!