Camp Edmo Art and Science Instructor (K-4th) Oakland
- Oakland, CA
Do you love teaching Art and Science to kids?
Are you an expert teacher and facilitator?
Do you have a background in the arts and sciences?
Are you a fan of summer camp fabulousness?
Are you fun and creative?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow?
Do you want to be part of a great team?
Do you want to make an impact on children’s lives this summer?
Camp Edmo is looking for energetic, creative and fun Art and Science Instructors to lead our museum created art and science curriculum. Camp Edmo partners with MOCHA and the Academy of Sciences to create incredible summertime art enrichment programs. Instructors are credentialed teachers or college graduates with classroom experience and expertise in art or science education.
Spring: Museum Curriculum Training- (May 4th, 11th, 18th, 19th)
Summer: Full Time- (6-7 weeks June-August)
• Approach education with passion and excitement
• Lead four rotations of art and science curriculum daily
• Manage counselors and CITs while in the classroom
• Work closely with the Camp Director, Counselors and other Instructors to create fun camp games, arts and crafts, songs, skits and special activities/events
• Assist in daily camper check-in and check-out
• Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
• Give positive reinforcement to campers
• Help cultivate confidence and self esteem, as well as a natural love for learning.
• Set-up, organize and manage art and science classroom
• Refine curriculum and add personal contributions
• Be both Instructor and ‘buddy’ to campers –Build positive role model relationships with kids.
• Instill the Edmo “Vibe” of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
• BA in Art or Science- related field/relevant experience
• Classroom teaching experience
• Experience working with K-5th graders
• Proven classroom management
• Customer service experience and skills
• Experience interfacing and talking with parents
• Contagious enthusiasm and charisma
• Team player
• Creative, fun and bright
• Camp background (Preferred)
• A youth programs rock star!
Do not be discouraged if you only have experience/expertise in one subject area. You are still eligible for the position.
$500- $600 per week DOE
Please see the location tab on the website for each locations dates. Staff training will take place the week prior to the locations start date.
Important Application Note:
Please attached resume and cover letter in a PDF form to insure compatibility.
Resumes accepted on a rolling basis until positions filled.
If you have questions about our Summer time job opportunities please contact Sara Statler at 415-282-MORE, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!