Camp Edmo Art Instructor (K-4th)- Alameda
- Alameda, CA
Edventure More is a 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment company that runs K-8 summer camps and school year programs and that raises money for schools and kids in need of enrichment.
Do you love working with kids?
Are you an expert teacher and facilitator?
Do you have a background in the arts?
Are you a fan of summer camp fabulousness?
Are you fun and creative?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow?
Do you want to be part of a great team?
Do you want to make an impact on children’s lives this summer?
Camp Edmo is looking for energetic, creative, and fun Art Instructors to lead our museum created art curriculum. Camp Edmo partners with MOCHA to create incredible summertime art enrichment programs. Instructors are credentialed teachers or college graduates with classroom experience and expertise in art education.
Spring: Museum Curriculum Training- ( May 18th and 19th)
Summer: Full Time- (6-7 weeks June-August)
• Approach education with passion and excitement
• Lead four rotations of art and science curriculum daily
• Manage counselors and CITs while in the classroom
• Work closely with the Camp Director, Counselors and other Instructors to create fun camp games, arts and crafts songs, skits and special activities/events
• Assist in daily camper check-in and check-out
• Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
• Give positive reinforcement to campers
• Help cultivate confidence and self esteem, as well as natural love for learning.
• Set-up, organize and manage art classroom
• Refine curriculum and add personal contributions
• Be both Instructor and ‘buddy’ to campers – Instructors eat lunch with campers, perform skits and build positive role model relationships with kids.
• Instill the Edmo Vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
• BA in Art or related field/relevant experience
• Classroom teaching experience
• Experience working with K-5th graders
• Proven classroom management
• Background in leadership
• Customer service experience and skills
• Experience interfacing and talking with parents
• Camp background (Preferred)
• Contagious enthusiasm and charisma
• Team player
• Creative, fun and bright
• A youth programs rock star!
500 per week DOE
Please see the location tab on the website for each locations dates. Staff training will take place the week prior to the locations start date.
Important Application Note:
Please attached resume and cover letter in a PDF form to insure compatibility.
Resumes accepted on a rolling basis until positions filled. Most positions are filled by April 1. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
If you have questions about our Summer time job opportunities please contact Sara Statler at 415-282-MORE, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!