Senior Translation Project Manager
- New York, NY
Eriksen Translations Inc., now in its 27th year, is a leading provider of multilingual services in more than 100 languages. In addition to translation, Eriksen offers Web and software localization, multilingual typesetting and media services, interpreting, and cultural consulting. Eriksen partners with major companies in technology, finance and insurance, health care and education, as well as museums and cultural institutions worldwide.
Located in downtown Brooklyn with a spectacular view of the harbor and New York skyline, Eriksen offers a uniquely creative, diverse, and dynamic work environment. With talented staff and a worldwide network of more than 8,000 linguists and subject-matter specialists, the company has earned an excellent reputation for its commitment to flawless translation and exceptional service, both with its clients and within the translation industry.
Eriksen Translations seeks a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for the planning and execution of translation projects including the management of quality, cost, and schedules to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Production, plan, schedule and manage multiple client accounts from inception to final delivery, ensuring optimal workflow and on-time results.
- Meet with Account Managers for kick-off meetings and progress reports.
- Assemble and supervise project teams, including file prep resources, linguists, desktop operators, and QA specialists.
- Communicate regularly with the vendor manager and assist with vendor communications and negotiations. Cultivate strong relationships with vendors. Manage costs and issue purchase orders.
- Oversee TMs/glossaries.
- Follow all established quality assurance procedures.
- Communicate professionally with clients on production-related issues when necessary.
- Manage client review process.
- Support sales during new client acquisition and onboarding.
- At least four years of experience in translation project management.
- College degree in languages, communication, business, technology, or related field.
- Strong computer skills and experience with CAT tools.
- Excellent English oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer-service focused.
- Flexible, goal-oriented team player who is also able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Embracing of cultural and multilingual diversity in the workplace and in the world.
There are many benefits to a career at Eriksen Translations as you work in a multilingual and multicultural environment. Eriksen's benefits include health insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition and gym membership reimbursement, and generous time off. In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will enjoy a team-oriented and community-based atmosphere. Please visit www.eriksen.com for more information.
Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter along with your salary requirements. Eriksen Translations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.