Customs Brokerage Agent
- 300 Tradeport Dr, Atlanta, GA 30354, USA
Expeditors is a Fortune 500 service-based logistics company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, USA. At Expeditors, we generate highly optimized and customized supply chain solutions for our clients with unified technology systems integrated through a global network of 331 locations in 109 countries on six continents.
As a service-based company, we don’t own the aircraft, ships, or trucks we use every day. This means we can be highly flexible in our approach to supply chain management, and very effective at finding the best route and pricing options.
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
• Ensure accurate and timely pre and post entry requirements from inception to delivery.
• Meet compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies / requirements.
• Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
• Oversight and execution on all customer standard operating procedures via the DLSOP.
• Work with the team on meeting KPI standards, as per department goals and metrics.
Support the department in the following areas:
• Daily execution of workflow and department metrics.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and governmental Customs organizations.
• Timely completion of items on learning plan(s) and Personal development plan.
• Embrace and utilize productivity tools
• Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements.
• Be involved and suggest system/process improvements.
• Consistently display and promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
2+ years of Customs Brokerage experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and various PC based software.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Willingness to learn and develop industry skills.
Professionalism and formality
Sense of Urgency
Attention to detail
Proven background of excellent attendance
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
Relocation expenses/support is not offered for this position.
Customs Brokerage Supervisor