Analyst – Ocean Pricing, South Asia
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 17,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
The Ocean Pricing Analyst assist in planning and implementing Ocean Product pricing strategic in South Asia region to achieve superior financial results. Job responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
Support South Asia RFQs
- Oversee & review business case for RFQs,
- Identify the key lanes (focus lanes),
- Support short timeline RFQ
- Liaise with Districts’ Ocean Manager & Regional Sales team on RFQ cycle
- Analyze Rate/Routing options in RFQ
- Perform Win / Loss / Volume Analysis
- Investment & Risk Management
- Analyze and summarize data that drives recommended price for RFQ in South Asia
o Volume opportunity
o Tier pricing
o Strategic pricing etc..
- Any other initiative drive by the company.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, however equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
At least one year of relevant experience
Effective interpersonal skills in both verbally and in writing.
Strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills are critical.
Proficient computer skills - solid data entry with high accuracy rate on email, internet, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Application deadline is 23rd August 2019
Position is based in Singapore