Heavy Duty Mechanic, Seasonal-Term
- Edmonton, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
Edmonton Airports is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Mobile Maintenance Team based at the Edmonton International Airport. The Seasonal Heavy Duty Mechanic will be responsible for the repair and preventative maintenance of fixed and mobile heavy duty equipment including trucks, snow blowers, runway sweepers and airport emergency service vehicles. The position also maintains and repairs the light vehicle fleet consisting of shuttle buses, pick-up trucks, and cars as well as repair and maintenance of shop equipment. The Heavy Duty Technician also provides service to City Centre Airport, and Villeneuve Airport on occasion as required, and performs other duties as requested.
- Preference given to Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician/Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate but 3rd or 4th year Apprentice Heavy Duty Technicians will also be considered
- 3 years experience at the Journeyman level would be an asset
- Preference will be given to individuals with automotive repair experience
- Must have a valid Class 5 vehicle operator’s license; Class 3 license with air brake endorsement is preferred
- Must have the strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment, sometimes in cramped or awkward positions
- The ability to lift in excess of 25 kilograms is required
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently while also having a history of working successfully in a team environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving and logical thinking skills as well as the ability to keep up with changes in technology are essential to this role
- Experience with On Board Diagnostics and Snap-On Modus is considered an asset
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
- Must be willing to work a rotational shift schedule which may include evenings and weekends; availability for overtime and call back situations is required.
SEASONAL FULL-TIME, TERM (Up to six months)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Field/Mobile Maintenance
BAND: General Bargaining Unit
SALARY: $36.93 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: October 23, 2012(Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: November 2, 2012