CUPPS Technical Analyst
- Edmonton, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
Reporting to the Manager, Airport IT, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Common Use Passenger Processing Systems (CUPPS), Security, and other information technology systems facilitating airport operations. This position interacts with Passenger Facilitation, Operations groups, airlines and other tenants to provide support including design, setup, installation and upgrades to their information systems. The role is also responsible for evaluating, recommending and planning complex IT systems as well as developing documentation such as scoping documents, work packages, design specifications and user guides. Additionally, the role will identify and evaluate new products, resolve network problems, work with vendors to identify hardware and software solutions, will be responsible for Lifecycle Management of CUPPS environment and will perform other duties as required.
- Completion of post secondary education in Computing Science or a related discipline with three (3) years’ experience is required
- Experience with data processing in an MS SQL environment; must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- A strong understanding of Airport IT systems and operations will be considered an asset
- Must have the ability to investigate new Airport IT based systems, research potential additions, and design and test the solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to be a strong team leader and effectively supervise contractors to meet specifications and timelines while staying within budget limitations
- Must be self-motivated and accountable, with a willingness to contribute constructively to team efforts
- Preference will be given to candidates with a history of taking initiative, effective decision making and achieving desired results within a fast-paced, dynamic corporate environment
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check
** Please note that due to the nature of this position, the incumbent is required to be on-call 24 / 7 50% every 2 weeks for a 2 week period.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Airport IT
BAND: General Bargaining Unit
SALARY: $41.72 to $46.25 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: November 5, 2012(Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2012