Human Resources Advisor
- Edmonton, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
The Human Resources Advisor acts as a consultant, and is responsible for proactively supporting the delivery of the employee life cycle processes to the client, including talent acquisition, onboarding, employee development, and offboarding. The Human Resources Advisor will provide administrative, developmental, and hands-on functional support necessary to support the employee life cycle, enabling the Human Resource department to deliver best practices and focused HR solutions that support the business.
- A University or College Diploma, preferably in business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent
- A CHRP designation an asset
- Five to seven years of experience as a Human Resources professional, with increasing scope and complexity of responsibilities to include talent acquisition, training and development, and employee engagement
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Highly organized
- Effective time management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent inter-personal relation skills
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement
- Ability to adapt to highly changing environment
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
REPORTS TO: Manager, Talent & Engagement
SALARY: To commensurate with experience
POSTING DATE: October 17, 2012
CLOSING DATE: November 10, 2012 or when suitable candidate is found