Customer Service Representative (Part Time Perm)
- Edmonton, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
Reporting to the Passenger Experience Specialist, the Customer Service Representatives provide information and assistance in both official languages of Canada to Edmonton International Airport patrons visiting the Information Booth. With a focus on excellent customer service, the Customer Service Representatives also promote airport services, facilities, and area tourism to inquiring customers. In addition, as active participators on a multi-tasking team, they are responsible to coordinate some customer service programs and perform other duties as required.
- Grade 12 diploma is preferred; equivalencies may be considered
- Must be fluent in both French and English; interview will be conducted partially in French and language abilities may be confirmed through testing
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills are required
- Candidate will have proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 and general knowledge of computerized office equipment
- The ideal candidate will have a history of being able to handle stressful situations in a calm, efficient manner
- Familiarity with Edmonton and surrounding districts will be considered an asset
- Flexibility in working hours and job duties is required; must be willing to work a varying shift schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check as conditions of employment
1 Part-Time, Permanent position; Poster #2012-48
REPORTS TO: Passenger Experience Specialist
BAND: 3 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $22.51 to $24.97 per hour (internal/external)
POSTING DATE: November 13, 2012
CLOSING DATE: November 26, 2012
Resumes may be sent to: Human Resources, Edmonton Airports
1, 1000 Airport Road, Edmonton International Airport, AB T9E 0V3; Fax: (780) 890-8082