Labour Relations Manager
- Edmonton, Canada
At Edmonton International Airport (EIA) we're working hard every day to create a better flying experience - one that's easy, fast, convenient and comfortable.
In 2007, EIA served more than six million passengers, flying to over 50 non-stop destinations in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. We're set to serve nine million passengers per year by 2013. To accommodate these growing needs, we've embarked on a $1.1-billion airport expansion project. With more non-stop destinations, new fast-track boarding services, and more restaurants, parking and terminal services, EIA is building for the future.
It's the people who work at EIA every day who got us where we are; and it's the people who work here that will get us where we want go. When you work at EIA, no matter what position or company, you are a member of EIA Team.
The Labour Relations Manager is responsible for advising and leading the Human Resources department and management in all manners related to effective labour relations strategies. This will involve managing and facilitating the relationship between Edmonton Airports, its employees and the union to ensure optimal productivity and high employee engagement.
The Labour Relations Manager will ensure the satisfactory and expedient handling and resolution of grievences; coordinate, plan and support the Collective Bargaining process; oversee and advise on the administration of Collective Agreements and manage all conflict resolution processes. Additionally, the Labour Relations Specialist will be responsible for representing Edmonton Airports in negotiations of Collective Agreements in accordance with legislation and with the Edmonton Airport’s policies, objectives, and values while remaining within approved budgetary constraints.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Labour Relations, Industrial Relations, Commerce, Human Resources or related field
- CHRP designation (or in the process of)
- 10 + years of experience in a unionized environment
- Experience in Collective Bargaining and managing the administration of Collective Agreements within a unionized environment
- Proven negotiation abilities; strong analytical and dispute resolution capabilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to develop and manage solid working relationships; ability to work in and adapt to a fast-paced, highly changing team environment
- Achieves efficient, timely, quality results; excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong decision making capabilities; high level of critical thinking and problem solving
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
REPORTS TO: Director, HR Operations
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSTING DATE: December 31, 2012
CLOSING DATE: Until suitable candidate is found
Resumes may be forwarded to: HRecruitment@edmontonairports.com