Data Integration Analyst
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate IT, the Data Integration Analyst is accountable for data integration activities among various applications in use at the airport including both Real-Time as well as Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) data transfers, supporting our “single point of entry” initiative, whereby common information can be shared between applications efficiently without the need for re-entry or manual intervention. In addition, the Data Integration Analyst will work closely with the Enterprise Applications group, the Airport Solutions group, the Business Intelligence (BI) group as well as the Data Architect position to acquire source data for the Data Warehouse/Data Repository. The position be responsible for maintaining or converting legacy integrations as well as work on new data migration and integration projects, including exporting, cleansing and validating of data. The role will also be responsible for all database management activities within our Microsoft SQL Environment as well as database management activities in cloud-based Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environments supporting the BI team.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Ensure communication among business units to obtain requirements to validate data mapping rules by meeting with appropriate stakeholders and understanding the business use for data.
· Provide direct support and coaching to the organization on best-practice uses of data and analytics and assist users in finding the right information.
· Ensure continual development of data/system integrations using the Dell Boomi Integration Platform and developing automated scripts. Monitor the ongoing operation of all Integration and ETL activities to ensure proper operation. Document and communicate the integration operations using tools like MS Visio diagrams.
· Act as subject matter expert with technical and business knowledge of business applications and related integrations and is responsible for translating business integration requirements into technical solutions.
· Provide data source management (DBA Support) for BI Data Repository using on premise and/or platform as a service tools.
· Improve processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the development and support of information systems integrations between Corporate and Airport IT business systems
· BSc in Computer Science/Software Engineering considered an asset
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the IT Field including MS certifications required
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in database development including MS certifications required
· At least 2-3 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server required
· At least 2-3 years T-SQL experience (Stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.) required
· Strong SSIS skills creating ETL solutions
· Strong experience with the Dell Boomi Integrations Platform
· Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check as conditions of employmen
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster #2018-49
REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate IT
BAND: 8 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $43.11 to $47.81 per hour
POSTING DATE: August 21, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: August 31, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)