Equipment Operator (Term)
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Manager, Airside & Field Maintenance, the Equipment Operator is accountable for the daily work activities by providing maintenance to Airport Facilities including runways, taxiways, aprons, roads, navigational aid sites, parking and landscaped areas, airfield drainage systems, fences and grassed areas. This position will ensure compliance with proper operational training, safety, efficient productivity, quality assurance and cost control. The Equipment Operator is accountable for ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements, procedures and policies within Edmonton Airports.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as well as participate in incident prevention, hazard assessments, incident reports and help keep a safe work place for all staff.
- Adhere to Transport Canada regulation TP 312 during all activities.
- Maintain all pavement and grass areas both airside and groundside on airport property. (This includes snow removal, grass cutting, pavement repairs, fence repairs, painting, signage, assistance with minor equipment repairs and wildlife control.)
- Ensure contractors adhere to all regulations, procedures, policies, and may act as an airside escort when necessary.
- Coordinate maintenance activities for minimal impact on operational stakeholders.
- Liaise with and assist mobile Maintenance department with availability/repair of equipment and vehicles.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- ·Successful completion of a heavy equipment operation training program
- Minimum 2 years’ experience; aviation field maintenance preferred
- Valid class 1 driver's license with air brake endorsement (candidates with class 3 license will be considered if willingness to upgrade to class 1 license within 30 days is demonstrated)
- Current driver’s abstract must be provided with application and maintained during employment
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) and restricted radio operator's license are required.
- Must be willing to work a shift schedule (including weekends) on a 4 on, 4 off rotation; availability for overtime, standby and call back situations is required.
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature
14 Full-Time, Temporary Positions (Until April 10th, 2019); Poster #2018-48
REPORTS TO: Manager, Airside & Field Maintenance
BAND: 4B (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $33.04- $35.27 (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: September 06, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: September 16, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)