- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Manager, Airside & Field Maintenance, the Labourer will assist the Airside Operations group with winter maintenance including shoveling sidewalks, ice control and litter pick up to Edmonton Airport facilities. The role will be responsible for emptying garbage receptacles located outdoors and within the parkade, parkade cleaning and general maintenance. The Labourer will operate lawn mowers and weed eaters, sidewalk sweepers and hand shovels. Operation of the light fleet of trucks and other equipment may be required. In addition, the role will assist in equipment and shop cleaning and will perform other duties as required.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain all groundside and passenger areas in accordance to the ASQ standards. (This includes litter pick up groundside and airside, emptying and cleaning garbage cans in all areas, cleaning up cigarette butts and emptying and cleaning butt cans in all areas, pressure washing sidewalks, pedways and parkades, and cleaning up pet and human waste.)
- Ensure snow removal and ice control duties include all sidewalks, ramps, stairs, crosswalks, walkways, doorways and other public areas also including airside.
- Operate various small equipment such as weed eaters, back pack blowers and vacuums, lawn mowers, gators, riding mowers small sweepers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, rakes, shovels, forks, roto tillers, rollers, skid steers, tool cats, snow blowers, sanders, mad vac and trackless plow and other hand tools in accordance to EA’s safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as well as incident prevention, hazard assessments, incident reporting and help keep a safe work place for all staff
- Grade 12 diploma is required; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Current driver’s abstract must be provided with application and maintained during employment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25kg is required.
- Knowledge of airfield maintenance procedures is considered an asset.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a restricted radio operator's license are required.
- Must be willing to work a shift schedule (including weekends) on a 4 on, 4 off rotation; availability for overtime, standby and call back situations is required.
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature.
2 Full-Time, Temporary Positions (Until April 10th, 2019); Poster #2018-47
REPORTS TO: Manager, Airside & Field Maintenance
BAND: 3 (General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $26.36 - $29.24 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: September 06, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: September 16, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)