- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Manager, Environment & Operational Compliance, the Environmental Specialist is accountable for assisting the Environment & Operational Compliance group in managing environmental and aviation regulatory risks and continuously improving corporate environmental performance for Edmonton Airports system of airports. The role focuses on maintaining and improving our environmental management system, which combines basic management system fundamentals with expert technical knowledge of airport environmental aspects to reduce environmental impacts while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain and improve the components of the current environmental management system (policy, management plans, programs, system manual, standard operating procedures, reporting, auditing), and develop new programs as risks, opportunities, and impacts change, for ERAA’s system of airports.
- Maintain and support the operational compliance program for Edmonton Airports, to ensure aviation regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- Conduct program-specific activities for our airports for environmental regulatory compliance, due diligence, and to improve environmental performance.
- Maintain a level of technical expertise and regulatory knowledge of airport environmental aspects (including water, air, noise, impact assessment, auditing, contaminated sites, spill response, aircraft deicing, storage tanks, energy, tenants)
- Manage the delivery of targeted environmental and operational compliance projects, audits, and activities by contracted services.
- 5 years relevant and applicable experience; University degree in Engineering or Environmental Science, plus a professional designation is preferred, or a combination of lesser education and significant experience.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance (Federal and Provincial) in a corporate setting
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific environmental practice areas is beneficial, including auditing, environmental assessment, contamination assessment, emergency response, air quality, water quality, airport noise management, storage tank systems, ozone depleting substances, and aircraft deicing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a systems approach to managing risks, including continuous improvement
- Experience leading teams to successful outcomes and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders would be beneficial
- Logical approach to problem solving and a dedication to continuous learning
- Successful candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain airport security clearance
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster # 2018-59
REPORTS TO: Manager, Environment & Operational Compliance
BAND: 8 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $43.11 to $47.81 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: October 11, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: October 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)