Senior Project Manager
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Edmonton Airports is looking for a self-starter, problem-solving Senior Project Manager who thrives on creating structure and clarity out of big ideas. You will support the lead vendors who are secured to lead the development and program management of the EIA Digital Strategy Plan. The Senior Project Manager will manage multiple initiatives with interdisciplinary teams to launch and monitor the implementation of our Digital Strategy and plan. You will work directly with our Vice President, Digital Strategy & Corporate Communications to support and ensure successful project completion. You must be comfortable working in a matrix type environment and in keeping required connections with stakeholders and alignment to organizational standards, practices and policies. Your role will include both planning and execution.
Our ideal Senior Project Manager has the uncanny ability to articulate value and trade-offs to align people to plan and provide “leadership through influence”. You have experience leading and managing projects that involve people, process and technology change that leads to the achievement of business outcomes. You are a problem solver who cares about the well-being of the team and communicates extremely well. You run productive meetings with multi-disciplinary attendees, are well-versed in multiple project management methodologies and techniques and can tailor a process to a team's preferences. You will be liaising with stakeholders to engage and manage expectations, report progress and results, and keep them excited about our Edmonton Airports Digital Strategy and Plan.
NATURE OF WORK & CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Provide project management services such as:
- Develop project charters detailing plans and goals for projects; setting objectives, allocating and managing budgets, schedule and scope for achieving defined project goals.
- Develop, maintain and manage Project Management Plans.
- Plan for, acquire, allocate, and maintain project resources.
- Act as project Change Controller, Risk Manager, Issue Manager, and Quality Manager.
- Support and provide Program Management Services such as:
- Support and maintain the Program Management Plan.
- Coordinate and monitor progress across all projects by establishing a formal status reporting structure, setting review dates to ensure that projects remain on target. Report on the progress of individual projects.
- Monitor risk across projects and mitigate escalated risks. Report significant risks to governance as defined for projects.
- Work with stakeholders to establish priorities within the overall program and / or projects and allocates resources in line with those priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-8 years’ experience in Project Management; 2-4 years’ experience Digital Project Management (preferred PMP/PgMP designations, but not required)
- Demonstrated experience managing and measuring project results that include people, process, and technology change that lead to the achievement of business outcomes
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams (direct reporting relationships)
- Experience providing program management services
- Experience in project managing implementation of large ERP projects
- Experience establishing PMO standards tools, processes, templates, practice
- Change management training is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in Procurement and Vendor management
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict-resolution skills
If our values resonate with you, click on this [website] and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Edmonton Airports? (2) Tell us about your experience managing projects that involve people, process and technology changes?
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature
1 Full-Time, Permanent; Poster #2018-45
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Digital Strategy & Corporate Communications
BAND: Senior Project Manager (General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $56.66 to $62.68 per hour
POSTING DATE: October 11, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: October 20, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)