Vice President, Technology
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President, Technology is a member of Executive Management, and in that role participates in the development and delivery of the strategic plans for the corporation – 5 year plan, annual plans, and capital programs.
This role is responsible for supporting and enabling digital business through the development and implementation of technology strategies that accelerate and support core technology infrastructure, overall business strategies as well as the airports’ aspirations for the future. This role also has responsibility for leading the development of new and re-engineered corporate-wide process capabilities and implementing new/improved process models.
Out of the gate, this leader is responsible to develop and prioritize the technology strategy and overarching plan to accelerate business transformation, while also leading the overall team responsible for ensuring cost effective, efficient, secure and resilient and high-quality IT needed on a day-to-day basis needed at the airport.
The person we select must build successful, trusted partnerships inside and outside the organization and work collaboratively with peers, as well as all airport vendors and partners to support the efficient and secure flow of passengers and cargo through the airport. The airport is a fast-paced and complex, 24/7 environment with significant physical infrastructure, broad infrastructure requirements, heightened security needs, big data, unique applications (baggage systems, check-in and immigration kiosks, CCTV, noise monitoring, airline technology) a complex set of stakeholders and a demanding customer base.
This position has the following requirements.
- Information technology expertise as indicated by a computer sciences degree or equivalent but more importantly with IT modernization and business enablement
- General and executive management expertise as demonstrated by a graduate degree (MBA preferred) and senior or prior executive managerial experience in a complex organization (manage multiple functions). Ideally a minimum of 5 years at an executive level
- Ability to foresee and deliver objectives in the 2 – 5 year time frame, including having the capability to solve problems using information processing to achieve the objectives
- Proven track record as a strong mentor, coach and leader of teams to outstanding levels of achievement; challenge current thinking and assumptions
- Transformational change leader with business transformation experience having managed change and adopted innovative and progressive tools, processes and systems within an organization
- Strategically focused, forward thinking and able to articulate the EIA story, strategy and community impact to broader stakeholder groups with proven ability to develop IT strategic plans and goals and execute successfully
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct work with confidentiality and professionalism
- An ability to be a global thinker while “rolling up one’s sleeves” and being comfortable with managing the details
- An ability to navigate through subtleties and “shades of grey”
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Airport/Airline industry experience (or equivalent) preferred
- Digital and/or IT architecture expertise a strong asset
1 Full-Time, Permanent; Poster #2018-61
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSTING DATE: October 18, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: October 27, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)