Manager, Properties & Leasing
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Director, Real Estate Development, the Manager, Properties & Leasing is responsible for coordination and oversight of the current real estate and property management portfolio at Edmonton Airports including commercial, office, light industrial, and aviation real estate. The major responsibilities include planning, development, leasing and management of terminal office space, highway commercial and light industrial development opportunities at both the Edmonton International Airport and Villeneuve Airport, leading to growth in the organization’s real estate revenue.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Coordinate with the Director, Real Estate Development to ensure appropriate strategies are communicated throughout the Air Service & Commercial Development SBU
- Develop, implement and review the business plans with the Director, Real Estate Development
- Identify the necessary budget requirements for the provision of Properties & Tenant Relations, including planning, construction and development of new real estate assets.
- Develop, implement and review Real Estate Development processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks
- Research, identify, analyze and recommend opportunities for EA to act as an establishing key industry contacts to understand current real estate trends, revenue stimulation and customer desires
- Work with Director, Real Estate Development to lease and develop highway commercial, light industrial, office and aviation opportunities
- Create a Strategic focus for real estate opportunities
- Identify, evaluate and research for potential acquisition of buildings, land and other real estate assets.
- Completion of a technical diploma or university degree in the field, real estate, business administration or an equivalent field
- 5 years+ experience in leasing coordination with a focus on commercial real estate is considered an asset
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- MRI experience is considered an asset
- Ability to understand the real estate law specifically for commercial/industrial leasing
- Exceptional project management ability, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze real estate market and communicate results and recommendations
- Team oriented with a history of being a self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate airport security clearance is required
1 Full-Time, 12 month Term Position; Poster #2018-68
REPORTS TO: Director, Real Estate Development
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
POSTING DATE: November 29, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: December 7, 2018 (Internal) or until suitable candidate is found (External)