- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Do you have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, are at ease interacting with business and technical resources, and can perform expertly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Edmonton Airports (EA) is seeking a skilled Data Architect to join our team. The Data Architect is a hands-on role that will help define Edmonton Airports data strategy and its implementation. You will provide thought leadership across all data systems and data stores including transactional, operational, warehousing and big data stores. This role collaborates across all levels of the organization to build a holistic view of the organization’s data architecture. This includes processes and workflows to manage and ensure data quality, data ingestion, data processing, data visualization and data consumption. You will participate in organizational assessments to drive alignment to overall data strategy, and provide technical thought-leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. Over time you will help define and evangelize the vision and strategy for data architecture, data quality and data governance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide vision and oversight of Data Management throughout Edmonton Airports administration and operational areas
- Develop and communicate data architecture technical guidance, design patterns, standards, and collaborate with EA stakeholders in the development and evaluation of data architecture-compliant technical solutions
- Work closely with the Data Governance Committee, made up of business leaders throughout EA, to ensure our Data Management practices throughout the organization align with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Provide consultation and guidance to EA and Infrastructure development projects to fit systems to data framework, where applicable
- Review the technical architecture from a security, accessibility, data integrity, and availability points of view
- Present an aggregate view of the overall data architecture to high level management
- Work closely with business stakeholders on data strategies including master data management, data governance, data quality, data security and reporting and analytics, and cloud-based Platform as a Service options.
- Research new Data Management technologies and methodologies and apply them to our environment to empower internal customers and scale the existing platform
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- Preferred TOGAF certification; Zachman, DoDAF, FEAF certifications is also preferred
- Core technology background (in areas such as data modeling, database design, SQL, data visualization, working with unstructured data, data warehousing, BI etc.)
- 10+ years of IT implementation experience
- 7+ years of Data Architecture and/or Data Strategy experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with other departments and business users who are not as technical in nature
- Ability to understand system functionality, process, and architecture at a technical and business level
1 Full-Time, Permanent, Poster # 2018-44
REPORTS TO: Director, Business Intelligence & Corporate Strategy
BAND: Band 9 (Included in the bargaining unit)
SALARY: $48.66 - $54.15 per hour
POSTING DATE: December 04, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: December 14, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal) or until suitable candidate is found (External)