Senior Business Intelligence Developer
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is accountable to develop, construct, test and maintain architectures such as enterprise databases and corporate wide analytics platforms. This position supports the development and growth of establishing a modern analytics platform that will support the organization in creating a data driven culture. This role provisions business intelligence and analytics activities by building reporting and analytic solutions and by facilitating data sharing between applications. Day-to-day activities will include constructing and maintaining data models, maintain data workflows and building reporting solutions. This role will also oversee and maintain all business intelligence data and reporting workflows to ensure accurate and relevant information is delivered to business users in a consistent and timely manner.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure communication among business units to obtain requirements to validate data mapping rules by meeting with appropriate stakeholders and understanding the business use for data.
• Provide direct support and coaching to the organization on best-practice uses of data and analytics and assist users to finding the right information.
• Ensure continual development of data integrations modules and user interfaces by using Visio diagrams, automating data workflows and producing easy to use interfaces for users to access the created reports.
• Act as a subject matter expert with technical business knowledge of one or more business application and/or related integrations and is responsible for translating business analytics requirements into finished solutions.
• Perform needs analysis of analytics requirements and provisioning data through database queries, data models, reports and dashboards.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the IT Field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in enterprise database development
• Post-secondary education in related IT field
• Experience working with customers, in order to gain an understanding of their data and its business usage
• Experience with enterprise database design (SQL, MySQL, PostfreSQL, etc), integrations and data preparation tools and data modeling software
• Experience with data analysis, modeling and visualization tools
• Excellent document writing and communication skills
• General hardware/Software knowledge and the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster #2018-64
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Intelligence
BAND: 8 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $41.44 - $45.95 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: December 4, 2018 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: December 14, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)