- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Critical Systems, the Millwright is accountable for carrying out troubleshooting, preventative and predictive maintenance repair programs for all airport systems, equipment and facilities. This position supports the Facilities Maintenance Department and is expected to respond to call center requests as assigned, deal with emergency-based failures and repairs on short notice, and perform other duties as required. The role ensures the safe and effective operation of the buildings, equipment, and/or structures on Edmonton Airports’ property. The position also strives to continuously improve and increase efficiencies and availability of all airport equipment and processes.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performs regular and corrective maintenance for the Critical Systems equipment and facilities and that all preventive maintenance activities are completed according to schedule.
- Liaises with the Planning Department in the design and improvement to Facilities preventive maintenance programs.
- Liaises with electricians and dual tickets specifically, other trade disciplines, and internal/external stakeholders in order to provide technical expertise on airport systems, equipment and facilities.
- Responds to non-planned customer calls and Duty Manager calls about broken equipment or areas that need servicing.
- Ensures appropriate controls, safety measures, maintenance and reporting while servicing systems in accordance with Airport and Environmental Regulations.
- Performs accurate and timely administrative functions that include CMMS recording, materials inventories, and work order forms.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, with all supplies placed in their correct locations.
- Successful applicant must have a Red Seal Millwright Journeyman certification, preference will be given to the candidate that has with airport, industrial or facilities maintenance experience
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance, repair, inspections and installations of mechanical equipment are required
- Experience with conveyors, overhead door systems, pumps and working with passenger loading bridges would be an asset
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- WHMIS, TDG, Forklift, aerial platform, fall protection, First Aid, AVOP certifications
- Must have strong trouble shooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills enabling the resolve of system failures and operational problems
- Must have the initiative to do projects without supervisions and to recognize and suggest potential projects
- Proven safety leadership to ensure departmental compliance with SOG’s, safe work practices and policies is required
- Successful candidate needs excellent customer service and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance, Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit, and criminal record check is required
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster #2019-03
REPORTS TO: Superintendent, Critical Systems
BAND: 6A (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $42.82 - $44.22 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 10, 2019 (Internal/External)
CLOSING DATE: January 20, 2019 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)