- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
The Construction Coordinator is accountable to provide specialist advice related to construction during project planning and execution. The Construction Coordinator provides construction coordination, inspection and quality assurance services for the Projects Group in the delivery of the EIA Capital Program. The Construction Coordinator supports Project Engineers and Project Managers by providing insight into construction processes, construction estimating and project commissioning and coordinates with consultants/contractors/EIA stakeholders during construction activities. The Construction Coordinator also works closely with the Asset Management Coordinator during commissioning to ensure a smooth and efficient transition of the project into the operational environment.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide input to the Project Delivery plans and directions and ensure on-going appropriate relationships with other positions.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics related to quality, turnover and operational readiness.
- Provide input on construction related issues during capital planning and project development to ensure that construction activities and issues are appropriately accounted for.
- Advise on project constructability during design and execution by reviewing drawings, specifications, tender documents and other associated documents.
- Provide construction coordination service between contractors and EIA stakeholders by attending and running regular project construction meetings, alerting airport stakeholders/contractors of potential obstacles during construction and assisting in the resolution of issues.
- Support project construction by conducting field reviews, generating and distributing project construction progress reports, alerting the project team of quality assurance issues, and initiating, coordinating and facilitating appropriate inspections for quality assurance and close out.
- Support the Facility Alteration Permit (FAP) process by reviewing and providing input on constructability; confirm adherence of FAP conditions on site through field reviews and providing liaison services to support tenant FAP projects.
- Support the asset management team with the collection of asset data during project turnover and supporting the conduct of asset condition assessments.
- ·Graduate of a Technologist Diploma or Red Seal Journeyman Trade Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Strong construction safety knowledge.
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and project management software.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, engineering drawings, specifications and other documentation.
- Strong computer skills (window-based applications, spreadsheets, WP, MS Access).
- Knowledge of quality control, assurance and inspection techniques.
- Strong investigative and trouble shooting skills.
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check.
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster #2019-14
REPORTS TO: Manager, Projects
BAND: 7 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $41.63 - $46.17 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: February 6, 2019 (Internal)
CLOSING DATE: February 16, 2019 @ 5:00 p.m. (Internal), or until a suitable candidate is found (External)